On Saturday 15th May 2021 the Cross Carpets team was lucky enough to attend the sold-out “Everything is Possible” Gala Dinner held at The Star Gold Coast. The event raised a record $200,000+ for the Perry Cross Spinal Research Foundation (PCSRF) which will go towards their Intensive Rehabilitation Trial. This is the next critical step in getting to a Human Clinical Trial and finding a cure for paralysis.
Cross Carpets are a proud supporter of the Perry Cross Spinal Research Foundation and their mission to cure paralysis for all. For every lineal metre of Airstep underlay sold, Cross Carpets donates $1 to the foundation.
The 550 attendees were whimsically entertained by TV media personality Shelly Craft, who was the emcee for the evening. The night continued with auctioneer Andrew Bell (Ray White Surfers Paradise) managing to raise the donation dollars with the live auction items raising over $50,000.
Upon the completion of dinner and formalities, guests were dazzled by Magic Carpet Ride, with many people getting up to carve the dancefloor with a mix of old and new tunes.
- A VIP Sea World Behind the Scenes Family Experience with 3 nights’ accommodation
- A VIP Surfing experience, board and Balter beer for a year
- A QLD Maroons State of Origin VIP Experience
- A 5-night Perisher Ski Holiday including dining and lift passes
- A $10,000 Invisalign Clear Aligner Treatment
- A $25,000 oOh!media advertising package
- A luxury yacht experience on the Maritimo X50R for 7 guests
- An original Pro Hart oil painting
- A 5-night Luxury Elements at Byron & Land Rover Experience
- VIP Private Booth on YOT Club for 10
- Lunch with Sam Thaiday at Gambaro’s
- Mick Fanning Red Bull Surfboard
- Wildflower Gin Master Class for 2
- Cross Carpets Natural Wool Rug
- Songbirds Rainforest Retreat
Perry Cross Spinal Research Foundation’s mission to “Finding a Cure for Paralysis”
Every day in Australia at least one person has their life changed forever through the tragedy of paralysis. It’s devastating, heart-breaking and the simplest of daily tasks suddenly becomes an overwhelming challenge – for life. The Perry Cross Spinal Research Foundation was born to challenge that life-long sentence and challenge the science and medical industries to find a cure for paralysis. In recent years, it has embarked on unveiling one of the world’s most promising hopes of a cure – and it’s being progressed in Australia.
A cure of this magnitude doesn’t lay in the hands of one person, it requires a united and multi-faceted model that collectively brings world-class leaders from an array of professions together – to get the job done. Founded by Perry Cross, the PCSRF aims to facilitate, collaborate, and initiate the connections and research required to find a cure for paralysis.
“Your support can help find a cure for paralysis for all. It is about making the impossible, possible. You have the opportunity to join us in the promise of a future where paralysis can be cured. It is now a question of when not if. Be part of a solution to a problem with a devastating impact on thousands of lives in Australia and globally. Together, we can make good on our promise to the world.” – Perry Cross
Every dollar counts so please give what you can. Your tax-deductible gift to the Foundation will ensure we get people with paralysis moving again. Donate what you can today!